Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Birds


Green Parakeets 

Close up! 
I took some pictures of these birds this morning, as I was warming up my car to go to work. I see them around quite often, but this time I actually ran inside, pulled out the camera and snapped a few pictures. Unfortunately, I don't have a zoom on my digital and they flew off as soon as I approached them. This is the most I could spread the layout without losing too much resolution.
I'm always somewhat awestruck by the fact that these birds live around here. It seems like they belong in a more tropical setting, or maybe in a jungle somewhere. Not that I know a thing about birds, it's just my impression. Hell, I'm not even sure if they're parakeets! But they're a beautiful tone of green and they have parakeet-like beaks.
Anyway, if anybody knows what these guys are doing in South Florida I'd love to hear about it.

1 comment:

Eric said...

I've sometimes noticed exotic birds and parrots flying around, in fact when I used to live down south (Miami), I would see a pair of parrots about twice a week.

According to the neighbors, these birds come from several different places. They mentioned, pet shops, people's homes, and the Parrot Jungle.

They're cool, and the noise they make is quite different than your average South Florida bird.