Items atop my office desk

A calendar - one of those 'at-a-glance' calendars that you flip over a day at a time

Three picture frames - one that says 'Daddy's girl' of my daughter in her T-Ball outfit, one of my wife in the woods on our honeymoon, and one of my daughter at the beach which says 'BABY' and has a photo album behind it - in it I keep a chronological set of pictures of her going back to her birth. Proud Daddy!

A 17" computer monitor, speakers, keyboard, mouse and mousepad.

Five paper pads - a regular post-it pad, a 6'x4' lined post-it pad, a stubby square pad of non-stick paper, and a letter size yellow pad where I keep my notes. The fifth one is a promotional paper pad from some staffing agency that came to see me last week.

A letter holder, where I keep my unanswered correspondence.

A Miniature beach chair where I rest my cell phone.

My PDA and docking station, and beside it my PDA leather case.

A stack of business cards waiting to get organized and filed away.

A large wooden case where I keep my personal business cards, and a small display holder where I place them for popular consumption.

A pencil holder where I keep a couple of cheap pens (the ones I don't mind if anyone steals), a staple remover, a highlighter, a sharpie, and a pair of scissors.

A large printing calculator.

A small desktop old-world globe (about the size of a baby's head) with fountain pen holders which have never been used - I keep it around because it looks good.

A stapler, a paperweight, and a correction tape.

An 8" tabletop fan (this is Miami!).

A rolodex.

A can of lysol (the bathroom's just down the hall).

A paper clip container, jammed full with jumbo size clips.

An office phone with 29 buttons, plus the dial pad.

A two-level wooden inbox, of which I've never seen the bottom.

The current copy of World Trade magazine - not my prefered reading, but it's appropriate.

A faux-marble coaster with an ever-present can of Diet Coke over it (I don't drink coffee).

Assorted papers scattered about.

A small bottle of clear coat finishing automotive paint - not sure why it's still here, I've just been too lazy to take it home.

A broken down Nextel phone waiting to be repaired, and a busted watch wristband waiting to be replaced.



And that pretty much sums it up. It's unbelievable what a bunch of crap I manage to fit on here.


I don't even want to tell you what I've got in my drawers (my desk drawers, that is)!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty and the Beast

Just when you thought it was safe to go...

A red rose for Claudia