What time is it?

I came home from the office and started emptying out my pockets. I took off my watch, as I usually do, and put it in my watchbox with the others.

My daughter stands there staring at my watches.

"Would you like to have one of my watches someday?" I ask her.

She holds out her wrist and says, "No, that's alright. I've already got one," showing off her Winnie the Pooh watch.

"Well then, I'll just give my watches to your cousin Emma," I say, pretending to be hurt.

"She can't tell time!" she says, mockingly.

"Can you?" I ask.

She looks pensive for a second, then smiles and says: "I can tell chocolate time!"

I had to laugh. "You sure can," I tell her. "You can always tell chocolate time!"


Here's the link for those of you who don't know about chocolate time.

Comments

Sarah McBroden said…
I have a Winnie the Pooh watch! Christina has great taste in time pieces! When I bought it my mother asked me if I was getting a little old for such things (my everyday handbag is a Pooh bear back pack) and I told her that I wouldn't be too old for it until it started to bother me. I hope it never does.

This made me remember how much I wanted a digital watch when I was a little girl. My Dad refused to get me one until I could tell the time properly on an analogue watch. I worked at it so hard and practised constantly until I never got the time wrong and my Dad bought me a digital watch. It was the only time I ever owned one. I went back to analogue. I felt like I was cheating when I had a digital.
lady godiva said…
i love chocolate time...

Popular posts from this blog

Ipod

A red rose for Claudia

We're getting older...