Thanksgiving

Click here for mood music

We went in to the office for a couple of hours - Christina labored away on her coloring book and I tried to get some work done - then drove home, put the ham in the oven (my first ham, y'all!), brought down several dozen boxes of Christmas decorations and plenty of cobwebs from the attic, and took the dogs for a holiday walk around the neighborhood. It was a lovely day in South Florida!

The ham was delicious, the wine was fine, and the company was superb! The football wasn't too bad either. Before we dug into the food, we went around the table (both of us) and spoke aloud about the things we were grateful for. Christina finalized that portion of the afternoon with a moving remark that went, "And I'm thankful for my dear Daddy, who's pretty, and who I love so, so much!!!" It brought tears to my eyes.

After lunch we hung the outdoor lights, then came inside and put our Christmas tree together. It looks terrific!

Later there was still enough time for a bike ride. Then off we went to walk my sister's dog, who's house-sitting for a few days. My cousin should be picking him up today, if she gets around to it. Meanwhile, I have to go by there at least twice a day to let the poor guy out and check his food and water. It wouldn't be a big deal if we didn't live fifteen miles away. I'd bring him to my house but he's got this insatiable desire to rape my poor epileptic Rocky. Dude's got enough to deal with without having to worry about some 120 pound monster trying to hump him all day long.

All in all, a successful holiday. I'll admit that I got choked up a few times and may have even moistened my handkerchief a little, but overall I did okay. It is, after all, the first major holiday I've spent away from my wife in the last twelve years. It's hard not to feel a little nostalgic for the good years we've left behind. So many broken dreams...

I'd like to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving! Belated perhaps, but sincere nonetheless. Have a wonderful weekend!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ipod

A red rose for Claudia

Puppy blues